Welcome to our new site. We have cleaned up the page to make it easier for you to find what you need. We have also added a new blog for our designers to share news and updates about the store. We also changed how you order flowers, we are now using SquareUp to take your online orders.
Everyone knows that flowers make people happy and enhance people’s moods, but the mood power of flowers may be even greater than we realize. Science has proven time and again that flowers play a powerful role in our lives, but their positive effect on our mental health is nothing short of incredible.
Studies show that besides making us happy, they are also proven to:
- Fuel creativity and quick thinking
- Help with stress reduction
- Increase focus
- Feed compassion
- Lower blood pressure
- Trigger memory
- Boost energy levels
Studies have also shown that a person can actually influence and change what others think of them in a significant way through the gifts they give, and perhaps no other gifts have the ability to evoke such positive feelings and perceptions as flowers.
Find the right mood
When a person sends flowers – or purchases them for their own enjoyment – the types they choose may play a significant role in enhancing a particular mood. Warm color flowers in reds, yellows and oranges boost
energy and stimulate the brain, making people more alert and creative. On the other end of the spectrum, cool color flowers and plants in greens and blues tend to create a more soothing effect by slowing the production of stress hormones to aid in relaxation.
No matter what the occasion, flowers are indeed the perfect gift of happiness and positive vibes – they are a potent mood elevator and a natural source of pleasure. Call Always Bouquets and Pleasant Surprises today or visit our Web Store and let us help you experience for yourself – the incredible mood power of flowers.
“A rose by any other name would smell as sweet” William Shakespeare
So you want to send a special someone roses whether it be for Valentine’s Day or to say “Thank You” or “I’d like to see this go somewhere”, but you’re not quite sure whether you should send pink, white, yellow, red, or lavender! There are so many colors to choose from, and we won’t even begin to get into the different species of roses. Here we have the meaning behind the colors of the most popular roses:
- Red-The most obvious of all…the red rose stands for love…it’s sultry, bold and romantic.
- Pink-You’re always safe sending pink roses if you’re in a new relationship. It implies that love is just around the corner. A delicate pink rose is a symbol of admiration.
- White-A heavenly white rose is the perfect sentiment for a friend. It also implies a new beginning, innocence and purity. It is often used in tribute arrangements as well.
- Yellow-Spunky, fun, happy are all words that come to mind when you see a yellow rose. Yellow roses are sure to brighten anyone’s day!
- Lavender-Love at first sight, this color also conveys longing, desire and passion!
A single rose says a lot and a lot more distinctly. Find out it what it says in different colors.
- A single red says: “I love you”
- A single pink says: “I like you”
- A single white says: “My feelings are pure”
- A single yellow says: “You bring joy to my life” “Let’s be friends”
- A single lavender says: “I am enchanted by you”
Twenty-five red roses are traditionally used to say “Congratulations”. However, now that you have some idea of color symbolism in roses you may creatively substitute another color to further enliven the message.
Whatever you have to say call Always Bouquets and Pleasant Surprises today or visit our Web Store and let us help you say it.
After this week’s weather we all know summer is gone. Kids across St. Louis are back at school, and now is the perfect time to send flowers to your favorite teacher or student. Here are a few ideas to start the new school year off right:
- Upgrade the apple – Giving an apple to the teacher may win some brownie points for a few days, but just think how much goodwill an entire fruit basket will earn you!
- Decorate the desk – Teachers have been busy preparing the classroom for the upcoming year. Help them add that perfecting finishing touch with a beautiful bouquet of flowers for their desk.
- Plant an idea – Plants are known to reduce stress, increase concentration and enhance memory, what better place for that than in the classroom?
No matter what the circumstance, Always Bouquets and Pleasant Surprises
can help with all of your back-to-school floral and gift needs. Study our Web Store or give us a call and let us help you with your homework of finding the perfect gift for your favorite teacher or student.